Monday, February 20, 2012

The recipe for the perfect Bead Soup...............

There is a lot going on this week, but I will start with my participation in the Bead Soup project.  It is a major event created by Lori Anderson, of Pretty Things Blog.  Basically, you get paired with a person, and you each send each other some beads.  From these beads you are to create one or more pieces to be revealed on March 3rd, with a big blog hop with all the participants, over 200 in all.  My partner is Rebekah Payne, of Tree Wings Studio.  She is a polymer clay artist and very good!  Part of this project is to make you go outside of your comfort zone and create with things that you wouldn't usually do!  This is so true for me, the beads I received are gorgeous and I am so excited to be creating with them.  I took a few pictures the day I got them and wanted to share with you all.

First, when the package arrived and I unwrapped it, I was so surprised to see the cutest packaging ever on beads I received in the mail:

as I unwrapped the package, there were two packages within it!

oh, so much fun, first I unwrapped the small one and found some treasures, my focal bead and clasp

and within the glass jar were the rest of the beads I get to create with!

stay tuned for March 3rd, when you will be able to see what I have created and the other 199 participants have!  Thank you Lori for the opportunity and Rebekah for the beautiful beads

6 comments:

  1. What a scrumptious looking soup! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one delicious bead soup. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That focal is so pretty. I love daisies and somehow I've become a collector of bees (only at work though). Love your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful soup for sure. Enjoy cooking up a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful and I agree, the packaging is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited to see what you make Pam!! I'm still dreaming about what you sent me and have yet to start putting things together. Your soup is the perfect challenge for me... there are sooo many directions I could go in and I'm having a hard time picking a favorite! :-)

    ReplyDelete